New York Rangers will face the New York Islanders on the 16th of February 2017 in Brooklyn. Read on for more details on this exciting match!
A face off will take place between New York Rangers and New York Islanders on Thursday, 16th of February 2017. This match will be played at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY. Read on to know our NHL picks for this match.
New York Rangers
The New York Rangers are riding high on their 6 game consecutive win along with a 3-2 road win against Columbus squad. The Rangers are maintaining their average score of 3.4 goals for every game which helps them in powering through most of their games. The team is on a tie with Blue Jackets as it is fighting for the 3rd place in the Metro Division by being just one place behind Pittsburgh. The teams players have been performing exceptionally well with Grabner at 26 goals, Kreider at 17 assists and Miller at 102 shots. In their victory over Blue Jackets at 12-0, the team started shaky with 12-0 but made their way back with a 2-1 score in the 3rd portion of the game.
Overall, The Rangers are on a 75 points score and they have secured 192 goals in the season. With 165 power play chances, the team has scored 33 goals.
New York Islanders
New York Islanders have performed well this season but the team is still struggling to cope up with its 7-1 defeat against Toronto. Their win against the former could have put them on the 8th Spot in the Game. Their sole goal in the game was secured by Jason Chimera who with this scored the 14th goal of his season. The situation is a tough one for the team as a victory against the Rangers can put them back on track. The team has at least 6 players who have a minimum of 11 goals in this season. Anders Lee has secured 21 goals, Chimera 14 and John Tavares is on 20. At the Metropolitan Division, the team stands 6th with 162 goals. The team has a total of 60 points with 26 power play goals.
New York Rangers- The odds to win offered by Bodog for the Rangers is 5 ½(-120)
New York Islanders – Bodog is offering 5 ½(-110) betting odds for the Islanders to win.
NHL Betting Tips
New York Rangers
- Rangers stand at 1 -5 for their last 6 meetings
- New York Rangers‘s score for February games is 6-0
- Their last 11 road games were 9-2 against a team who had a home record set
- This year, the Rangers have been performing better on the road game when compared to the home games. The record for the same is 19-7-0
- As far as goals are concerned, New York Rangers are on the third position at 3.4
- Over is set at 8-2 for the last 10 games
- Michael Grabner has been ranked 5th for the goals in NHL this year. He has scored 26 so far.
New York Islanders
- 5-1 for the Islanders on their last six home games where they have allowed 5 goals in their previous games.
- Islanders are 4-1 in their last 5 games
- The team stood on 7-2 for their last 9 games in 1 days rest
- The home score for the New York Islanders for this year is 18-8-6
- For the last 19 games, home team is on 6-13
Keeping in mind the rivalry between two teams, this should be an action packed game. This game will be a sight to watch since it will be a clash between two of the strongest teams. The Islanders have been playing well this season but are still suffering from a bad defeat against Toronto by 7-1. The Rangers have been performing exceptionally well this season with 19-7 I their last 26 road games which tips the winning scales towards them.